With a combination of burly fabric and strategically placed insulation, the Patagonia Powder Bowl Insulated Pants keep you warm, provide tough, long-wearing waterproof/breathable and windproof protection, and do it all without compromising mobility and weight. The durable, 2-layer GORE-TEX fabric, made from tenacious 100% recycled polyester, provides waterproof/breathable and windproof protection, yet feels light and limber for unmatched performance in any condition. The DWR (durable water repellent) finish stops moisture and wet snow and increases abrasion resistance. Strategically placed, body-mapped 60-g Thermogreen® recycled insulation traps your heat (even if wet) and dries quickly to keep you warm and free throughout the coldest days. To increase mobility and provide natural motion, Powder Bowls have a refined fit, simplified styling, articulated knees and a polyester-taffeta lining throughout the legs so you can move easily. The waist has a combination of a smooth taffeta lining to wick moisture, grown-on belt loops, a zip fly and adjustable tabs to fine-tune the fit. Other details include watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation to reduce bulk and weight, mesh-lined thigh vents to off-load heat, an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector and built-in gaiters with gripper elastic and tough scuff guards. Zippered pockets: two handwarmers and one back. Inseam length is 32½”. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia Powder Bowl Insulated Pants Features:
- Tough, 2-layer recycled polyester GORE-TEX fabric for durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection; 60-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (90% recycled) insulation stays warm even when wet
- Waist details: brushed-tricot lining wicks moisture; adjustable elastic tabs customize fit; two-snap closure and zip fly
- Webbing loop on rear yoke securely attaches pants to powder skirt on any Patagonia® Snow jacket
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; zippered pockets: two handwarmers and one back
- Articulated knees for mobility; mesh-lined thigh vents quickly release heat
- Gaiters seal out snow; tough scuff guards protect inside of leg and bottom hem
- Concealed RECCO® reflector; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 785 g (27.7 oz)
- Shell: 2-layer, 4.6-oz 150-denier 100% recycled polyester GORE-TEX fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining: 2-oz 100% polyester plain weave.
- Insulation: 60-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (90% recycled).
- Shell and lining fabrics are certified as bluesign® approved. Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers. In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners. Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn: We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.